Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thankful Heart

I realize it has been way too long since my last post. Please forgive me for that. So much has happened in the past couple of months. However, I'd like this post to focus on being thankful. I attempted to get this sent out at Thanksgiving but I think it is good to be thankful at all times and seasons. What better time to express thanksgiving than during the time we celebrate God's greatest gift of all!
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given..." His Son, Jesus Christ given to any and all who would receive Him. We can indeed be thankful for this gift every day!

During this time of my life I am especially thankful for 3 things:
1. God's provision
2. God's patience
3. God's purpose

God knows our needs. He is more than able to provide. During this season of my life God has given me all that I need. He has placed it on the heart of others to help sustain me as I prepare to go to the mission field. God has allowed many people to come into my life to encourage and uplift me, as well as to challenge me and lead me to grow in godliness as my heart is "pruned" for the foreign mission field. Thank-you God for your provision!

God is patient and kind. The patience He has shown me over the past several months have overwhelmed me! I can be slow and stubborn, yet He doesn't give up on me. He continues to lead me on and assure me of the wonderful plans He has for me! As my heart struggles between the desire to stay with my family and the desire to go to Uganda, God continues to be patient, yet patiently prodding me along! He is showing me what He desires from me as well as showing me His greatness and power in ways I have not seen before. He is waiting for me to look to Him alone to meet my every need. Thank-you God for your patience!

God's purposes cannot be thwarted! His desire is for all of His children to know Him and to make Him known. I believe that He enables each of us to do this in unique ways that He has specifically designed us to do. As God has given me a deep desire to minister to orphans in Africa, I believe His purpose in this will come to pass. There are so many orphans and fatherless children in Gulu! Because of the war and the AIDs epidemic the majority of children are left to the care of a grandmother, older sibling, or other family member. They struggle to survive. God has given me the spiritual gifts of mercy and helps. I am willing to use these to serve the people there in any way that I can. While I am planning to work with the young/preschool age children, I also desire to minister to the widows as well as to be a blessing to the national leadership who are currently serving with ECM there. While I may not know yet exactly what that will look like being played out, I do trust that God has a plan and His purpose for me there will be accomplished! Thank-you God for your Purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment