Monday, September 20, 2010

God Speaking

Call me crazy or a fool - whatever you wish but God has spoken to me loud and clear over the past couple of days. Yes, I was seeking Him quite diligently. Then, using an older gentleman, a dying grandmother, a church sermon,and a discerning friend He spoke. What did God say?

I wish I could write out the whole story but that would be a lot of reading! In a "nut shell", He said that I have allowed my fears to hold me back long enough and it is time to MOVE. He said that I don't need to be afraid of how things will work out or when but I just need to put one foot in front of the other and He will take care of the rest. He said that I can get to Uganda and still be with and love my family. In fact, it is part of my responsibility to do so. So, for now, I am going back to stay with my family.

I had been telling myself from the time I moved back to Indiana that there is no way that I will be able to make it to the mission field from here (my home). I was limiting God and His power. There are still lots of questions, some things "up in the air" in relation to my place of ministry and responsibilities there and there are many things I need to learn or grow in before I go. However, I know I am going with Every Child Ministries to Uganda, Africa. I do not know how all the "mechanics" will work out and I don't need to. I do know that my God is BIG! He is active and moving in the lives of His people today!

I would ask that you would pray this for me at this time. It is from
II Thessalonians 1:11-12 "...that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power. That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment