Saturday, April 10, 2010

A tarantula? In the house? Really Lord???

It has taken me awhile to start "blogging" and I will tell you why. Honestly, I am a quiet, private person (as many of you know) and it is hard for me to throw my inner thoughts out there for all to see. However, I desire to share all that God has done and is doing to lead and get me to Uganda with all who care to know. Truly, I am excited about this giant new step of faith I am about to embarq on! I know that the Lord is bringing about something wonderful in Northern Uganda as the people are beginning to be restored and healed after the 20+ years of war they have endured. BUT today, as I was reading the blog of one of my teammates who is currently living in the house where I will be living in a few months, I saw something that "threw" me! Yes, it was a tarantula - in the house! Previously I had read about invasions of Geckos, mice, malaria infested mosquitoes, (of course) and even a poisonous snake. None of those would I enjoy having as house guests but still, I was relatively unmoved. Now enter the tarantula...I am well known for having arachnaphobia. So, I am thinking, "a tarantula, in the house, where I will be living, really Lord"??? Yes, I am still planning to go. I don't know what will happen if I come face to face with one of these since neither my dad or my current roommate/spider slayer will be with me. Thus my giant step of faith has just become a COLOSSUS step of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment