Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visits With Treasured Friends

I am thankful beyond words for the wonderful visits I have had with two of my closest friends (and their families) over the past two weekends! They are the kind of friends whom you know are life-long no matter the physcial distance between you. These friends are precious, treasured, a gift unlike any other in this life.

I spent the first weekend in VA with my closest friend from college - turned roommate for 6 years! She now resides in Seattle, WA. When I am with her I can only describe it as like being "home". Like we are supposed to be together. Friends forever! (She doesn't know it yet, but I have decided to pray that she will end up in Africa with me :0) Even though she has been away for almost two years, nothing has changed between us. I was also able to spend time with her mom and grandparents who have adopted me as their "northern daughter". They are my southern family. I cannot tell you how much they have meant to me over the past twelve years.


Then, last weekend, I went to New York. 14 years ago I attended Word of Life Bible Institute in Schroon Lake, NY and met my BFF. She was one of my first roommates (there were four of us in a room). We connected instantly! We did everything together. I can't imagine how my first year away from home would have been without her. She is a God-send, even to this day! We have stayed in touch on a regular basis. It had been nearly 5 years since I last saw her. She has been married for 4 years now and I was able to meet her husband. He "fit in" with us perfectly! Lucky for him ;o) I am also praying that these two will end up in Africa with me. It is not as unlikely as you may think, since her husband is from Kenya. Her family has also adopted me. I was able to spend time with her mom, sister and niece too.



What amazingly wonderful weekends! I am blessed! Time with loved ones is a gift. I will treasure it always.

1 comment:

  1. Aww,this is the sweetest thing I ever heard and it made me cry! Thanks for all the kind words you said about your visit here and right back at ya Weirdella! We will see one another again and it will be like old times and wonderful! Love you girl! Kari

    ReplyDelete